MILLAR & BRYCE LIMITED
COMPANY SEARCHER/TRAINEE SEARCHER
Millar & Bryce Limited are Scotland’s premier firm of private Searchers. Offering a wide range of services to the Scottish legal profession, we currently have available as part of our growth strategy, a vacancy for a Company/Trainee Searcher, working in our Company Services Department, based within our offices at Ocean Point, 94 Ocean Drive, Edinburgh.
The ideal candidate would have knowledge of searching the appropriate Registers, however we would accept applications for a Trainee Entry Level Searcher who will have excellent organisational and administrative skills. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel packages is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce Company Search reports in line with company policy and to meet targeted levels in terms of quality and volume
- Update and maintain in-house databases
- Deal with verbal and written enquiries from customers, within agreed timescales
- Provide general administrative support as necessary and as instructed
- Provide Production Manager with any statistical information requested
- Provide cover for Company Formations (training will be provided if required)
- Generate Customer invoices as per current product / customer pricing catalogue
- Validate Customer orders and clarify content where required
- Organise own workloads to meet customer timeframes
- Work within the team environment to ensure workload are prioritised ensuring team goals and objectives are achieved
- Update and maintain in-house databases and undertaken audit requirements as per company policy
- Provide support to all Customers with general enquiries and technical queries pre and post Customer ordering
- Respond promptly to customer enquiries and handle and resolve customer complaints in line with company policy, flagging any professional indemnity issues immediately
- Direct unresolved issues to the designated resource
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the search procedures and processes and make suggestion for improvement
Skills and Experience Required
- Educated to SCE Higher level or equivalent
- Experience of searching the Register of Charges
- Experience of searching Company records
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to develop and sustain good working relationships
- Able to work under direction and on personal initiative
- A proactive attitude
- Able to work flexibly and under pressure to meet deadlines and targets
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and an excellent communicator
Applications would be welcome from suitable candidates who would be interested in either full time or part time hours.
If you have the ability to work flexibly, often under pressure to meet deadlines and targets, are a team orientated player with excellent communication skills please provide a CV and supporting statement outlining how your skills and experience will meet the demands of the role quoting your present salary to email@example.com by Friday 18th January 2019.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Millar & Bryce Limited is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and treatment and to eliminating unfair discrimination in its employment practices. It will seek to ensure that all job applicants and staff are treated fairly, with respect and without bias. No job applicant or member of staff will receive less favourable treatment than others because of her or his gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital, family or part-time status, racial group (includes colour, race, nationality, national or ethnic origin), religion, disability (unless objectively justified), age (subject to the operation of a retirement age policy) or trade union membership/non membership/activities.
View our Recruitment Privacy Notice