Property Enquiry Certificates
Our Property Enquiry Certificates are now available from Galloway to Shetland.
Douglas Williamson, Partner, Warners Solicitors LLP said:
Millar & Bryce provides us with Property Enquiry Certificates which are clear, concise, easy to interpret and most importantly extremely accurate. I have been using their services in excess of ten years and don’t ever have any difficulties. Their dedicated team will go the extra mile in terms of chasing up the Local Authority in order to clarify the status of any outstanding statutory notices that might be disclosed within the searches.
Buying or selling a property? There are certain things you’ll need to know. Like whether the proper consents are in place for any building work that’s been done, if it’s located within a conservation area or affected by any planning policies or proposals. And whether it’s subject to any statutory orders or notices. The leaders in land and property searches, Millar & Bryce’s Property Enquiry Certificate (PEC) service can provide you with all the answers quickly and cheaply.
Everything you need to know
Fast, efficient and competitively-priced, our PEC service will collate information on all of the following and then present the findings in an easily digestible format.
Amongst other things, we’ll report back on:
- Planning status, including information on current and historic planning applications, whether it’s a listed building or scheduled ancient monument, located within a conservation area or other designated area or affected by a Tree Preservation Order for example..
- Building standards, including whether consent has been granted for any modifications to the property or building warrants have been applied for.
- Roads, including whether any carriageways, footways and kerbs next to the property are maintained by the local council.
- Statutory notices served under housing, environmental protection and health and safety legislation.
- Environmental health, such as whether the property or land appears on the Contaminated Land register or is in a smoke control area.
Regardless of the complexity of our findings, you’ll usually have our response within just 24 hours of your original request.
The M&B Difference
For a start, we operate and maintain our own unique database. This is complemented by real time data, enabling us to provide the most up-to-date certificates.
Perhaps surprisingly, given the fact that our database is derived from local authorities’ own data sources, it’s typically quicker and cheaper to request your Property Enquiry Certificates from us.
Unlike most other providers, Millar & Bryce’s PECs are also fully indemnified for total peace of mind.